Cute Polka Dotted Blue Bow Tie Ribbon

Credit Sequence and fonts

For the processes leading to our final film opening product, one of the things we had to do was add the credits and full names of actors and producers(as the full name is not shown in the word cutouts as well as what do the people do)
I was in charge of adding the credits onto the film.

I used the opening credits of Westworld as a guide as I was drawn to the simplicity of the use of text and thought it would suit our film opening. 

Then, we did some Font Research to see which font was the most suitable to be used in the credits. I found some that looked considerably fitting and showed them to Prima and Eye for approval, then downloaded the file and added it to my Fontbook on Mac, and tried it out on aftereffects with our magazine cut out clip as the base.
Here are a few that I downloaded from www.dafont.com and tried out.


However, after trying them all out in several different font sizes and composition, none of them looked right and both my group mates agreed. 

I then switched to trying out default fonts that were already on the program and found that simplicity is key. It turned out that Times New Roman in capital worked best. The settings I used were font size 48 and 25, coloured white and opacity 45%.

Here is how it looked :



No comments:

Post a Comment